So, Tuesday was such a beautiful day that we decided to take Des to the park with Grandpa and Grandma G. On the walk to the baby swings I took out my camera anticipating a kodak moment, alas the string slipped and I dropped it - less than two feet and onto a soft patch of grass (I've dropped it a lot worse than that before) then it rolled to the sand and somehow the on switch got pushed and the result? A broken camera that is out of commission for two weeks at least while it is in the Best Buy work shop (we fortunately have the service plan for it).
Anyway we did take Des to the park and despite the recent tragedy of breaking my camera he had a marvelous time on the swing and on the merry go round but not so much with the slides. Then it was getting kind of hot so we aborted the 'find things for a 6 month old to do at a park' mission.
The dentist went fine they said that because I was able to get the pain to go away mostly (I started using a mouthwash that helped) it wasn't an emergency (they had squeezed me into the schedule back when the pain was waking me up at night) so they just put me into the schedule to get at least 3 fixes in June, blech. But the dentist didn't say anything about a root canal so I'm hopeful.
Marc enjoyed his Spring Break (they had Monday and Tuesday off) and is back to work today to start work on graduation music. Des is back to work with his blocks and such. After such a rousing few days of being entertained to the max he is doing well at being self entertaining for sort periods of time today which is helpful to me. =) Although he still gets frustrated when he can't be up and about we are working on just sitting and playing or being in the exersaucer. The last two nights he has been so wound up from all the activity that it has taken an hour for him to be able to sleep.
I do have some pictures to post but without my camera I have to go through a process to get them downloaded so when I get a chance to do that I will. Hope you are all having a great "almost summer." One of the cartoons in the Sunday paper said: April, 10 minutes of hope and 30 minutes of dashed expecations (regarding the temperatures).
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment