Well, the time has come for Des to enter the school of hard knocks. He has been a terrible night sleeper since we went to Denver weeks ago (6 weeks) and so I decided to lay down the law and have him cry it out a little. The little Turkey heard Marc and I making our game plan and therefore slept 'great' (for him) until 5 am when he woke up screaming and then we had to decide - is it night still or is it just really early morning??? Our vote was for night so the poor kid has had some rough mornings and subsequently some grumpy days for the last week. So I was waiting till we were all in a better rut before posting but I received some complaints from disgruntled fans and so am posting despite our household perma-frown.
I make it sound worse than it probably is. To prove its not all bad I'm posting a video taken this week of Des laughing. I've been trying to get this laugh on video (unsuccessfully) for about 2 months now. Finally I have proof that this kid thinks everything is funny. His favorite right now is coughing (that's what Marc is doing on the video). Prior to that it was Marc belching. *Sigh* boys....
Des had his first non-family babysitter this week. Unless you count the two times he was in church nursery for 15 minutes (I don't). Our favorite neighbor Tanya came over to watch Des while I went to the highschool to conduct mock interviews for their students that are interested in medical careers. It was fun and I must say that I was impressed, for the most part, with the kids - quite professional and a couple could have fooled me by their maturity had I not known they were juniors. Two of the girls were excited to be interviewed by "Mr. Graham's wife."
Our neighbor's mare had a colt so that was great excitement this last weekend. Marc and I have decided to keep singing in the choir year round because we (Des included) enjoy it so much and it is nice to get out and talk to people. Marc's music festival is next weekend so he has been very busy trying to help the kids "cram" for that. He is already counting down the days till summer break and I have to say I am too. =) Des and I still go to play group once or twice a week depending on what the previous night held. And I am doing my cramming for when the pediatrician gives us the green light to start solids full force, right now Des just gets rice cereal twice a day. He reaches for everything and his world is very clearly divided into two categories - that which he can get to his mouth and that which he cannot.
I make it sound worse than it probably is. To prove its not all bad I'm posting a video taken this week of Des laughing. I've been trying to get this laugh on video (unsuccessfully) for about 2 months now. Finally I have proof that this kid thinks everything is funny. His favorite right now is coughing (that's what Marc is doing on the video). Prior to that it was Marc belching. *Sigh* boys....
Des had his first non-family babysitter this week. Unless you count the two times he was in church nursery for 15 minutes (I don't). Our favorite neighbor Tanya came over to watch Des while I went to the highschool to conduct mock interviews for their students that are interested in medical careers. It was fun and I must say that I was impressed, for the most part, with the kids - quite professional and a couple could have fooled me by their maturity had I not known they were juniors. Two of the girls were excited to be interviewed by "Mr. Graham's wife."
Our neighbor's mare had a colt so that was great excitement this last weekend. Marc and I have decided to keep singing in the choir year round because we (Des included) enjoy it so much and it is nice to get out and talk to people. Marc's music festival is next weekend so he has been very busy trying to help the kids "cram" for that. He is already counting down the days till summer break and I have to say I am too. =) Des and I still go to play group once or twice a week depending on what the previous night held. And I am doing my cramming for when the pediatrician gives us the green light to start solids full force, right now Des just gets rice cereal twice a day. He reaches for everything and his world is very clearly divided into two categories - that which he can get to his mouth and that which he cannot.
3 comments:
I have to say that is an awesome laugh! I laughed so hard I cried...
think of how entertained Desi will be when one of you gets a cold!
Love getting to hear YOU and Des laugh! (I miss your laugh :( )
Love you,
Tara
Post a Comment