Monday, December 15, 2008

It's a boy! (Take 2)

Hard to believe that just over a year ago I was making a similar post - that's why it says "take 2."

Jaxter Everett was born on Friday, December 12 at a whopping 8 pounds 5 ounces (exact same as Des), and 20 and 1/4 inches (only 3/4 inches taller than Des). After an exhausting and truly difficult day we were glad to welcome the new addition to our family. Other than a severely bruised forehead Jax's resemblance to Des is remarkable - even Marc and I were taken back when we compared the newborn pics of each. See below for an example.

We are home now and slowly trying to figure out this family of four business. For those of you that know me you will not be surprised at my secret satisfaction that our family is "even." 6 members - 2 girls, 4 boys - 2 adults, 2 boys, and 2 cats. =) My mom is here helping and I am *so* thankful as Des has transitioned from curiously interested to "I want my mommy." =)

One of the following pics is Des - see if you can guess which. The other 2 are of our new guy.



1 comment:

ArmyforChrist said...

Congratulations Jill!! I couldn't tell the difference. That is awesome that they look so much alike. Chris & I make mini-me's. John looks exactly like Chris, and Ben is a mini me.
I will be praying for the transition to 2 kids. It was a wee bit harder than I thought it would be. But totally worth every minute of it!! Blessings to all of you!~Rachel