Marc came home a few minutes early on Monday night and the water bill needed to be paid so I took the chance and left all the boys home and went to pay it. Our church friend works the counter there and she raised children 13 months apart (ours are 14 months apart). She was very concerned about my well being and encouraged me. Then I crossed the street to make an eye appointment (you can't have your eyes checked while you are pregnant or for the 3-6 months following - and I've been pregnant for two years so... its been awhile). The folks there go to our church, too and they made a fuss over me saying how they missed me in choir and asked how I was doing. That was encouraging as well. Last on my list was the grocery store for milk and I ran into a gal that goes to play group and she asked how I was doing and encouraged me. So - it was a short 30 minutes of errands but to this strung out mama it was a breath of fresh air!
I can't tell you how relieving it is when people sympathize with my difficult task. I do NOT ask for pity because I signed up for the adventure - BUT I am so relieved when people recognize that it is definitely a challenge - it makes me feel like maybe I'm not so weak but maybe the load is a little heavy. Does that make any sense? I even had two moms that raised twins tell me that they thought what I was doing was harder. So there's a reason I'm so stinkin' tired?!?! phew.
"Come to me all you who are heavy-laden and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Juice mustache.


The boys "playing" together.
1 comment:
I'm so glad you were able to be encouraged. It is definitely hard work, but more and more it's becoming worth it. The car salesman we dealt with when we bought our minivan had twins and he said we probably had it harder than he did, cuz we would have to do things back to back (terrible twos, potty training, etc) rather than together.
Post a Comment