Marc went back to school and the boys woke up sick. We took it in stride though and have been wading through the recovery. I'm actually feeling pretty good about this school year. Maybe because I'm not pregnant? Maybe because I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel which is Jaxter's sleeplessness? I don't know but I am grateful for the patience and strength the Lord gives me everyday. Today as I sat feeding both boys at lunch I was listening to them both cry and scream (I don't remember why) but I was calm and I had a realization: We are going to be ok because we have to be.... well *I* have to be. Noone is going to come do the jobs I have to do everyday except me so I choose to be ok.
Marc leaves every morning before the boys are out of bed (this is easier on Desmond than having to say good-bye every day). And the boys and I start our routine. We have settled nicely into a routine that meets everyone's needs for the most part and also allows the mama to get some domestic items addressed on a daily basis. Desmond is a smart kid. Every day he "problem solves." Now, I may be biased or just under educated on the minds of little ones but I'm pretty impressed with the solutions he comes up with sometimes. Desmond's vocabulary is growing quickly and he repeats whatever we say. He puts small sentences together and is showing logic processes in applying his language to his activity. Jax is trying his hardest to be mobile but gets frustrated easily with the pace of creeping, he's getting there though! He is also expanding his vocalization which sometimes results loud echo sessions where Desmond echoes Jax and vice versa. There are more and more moments where the three of us sit and play and that is nice. What fun it will be to watch them grow together.
Here are a few pictures of our nothing over the last few weeks.
1 comment:
Jill, your little boys are so cute! Miss ya!
Post a Comment