Let's recap: Last you heard we had a great time in the Midwest.
In July we went to the annual 4th of July parade at Gramps and Grandma's.

We then headed to Nanannette and Grandpa's house to see my brother Justin, my Aunt Lisa, Uncle David, cousin Derek, cousin Connor, Aunt Eileen and Uncle Rob (read: a housefull!). =)

We recouped at home for a couple days then headed back to Gramps and Grandma's to see Cousin Brad, Cousin Lisa and Cousin Julia. Desmond and Jaxter loved their time with Julia and Julia proved to be *very* entertaining for the boys. =)
At the end of July we had a great trip to see Uncle Jared! I was so glad to go and see my brother and his new life on the east coast and Desmond loved playing with Uncle Jared and riding the airplane. This Mama had a hard time leaving Jaxter for 4 days but Uncle Jared kept us very busy and wore out.
August was fair season. We went to our local fair, watched the parade, went to the Montana fair, rode carnival rides. We also ran through sprinklers, mastered the slides, had some playdates, rode a bus, halfway mastered the concept of sharing, painted, made lemonade with real lemons, said good-bye to Dad as he started back to school, played in the dirt, jumped in puddles, visited Dad and found a routine!
Well, that brings us to September! We had the wonderful privilege of hosting our close friends Ben, Jodi and their two kids for a weekend. Ben led worship (with Marc and I playing back up) at church which was wonderful.
Gramps and Grandma came down for a couple days which is always 'lovely'. ;) We had a picnic at a local camp ground plush with rocks and a creek (read: haven for little boys).
The boys got to spend a weekend alone with Dad when I went to a ladies retreat with the church gals and my mom. Many crazy and lovely moments both for me and for Dad. ;)
This last Saturday I attended a worship conference and the boys got to spend more quality time with Dad. I carpooled with a friend and we had some great conversation.
Since then we've started a class at the rec center, started attending a women's Bible study, done lots of projects, lots of housework and hurdled many a milestone. =) And that about sums it up.
I've officially got most of my pics organized and I'm working on uploading them so I think we are back into the swing of things virtually speaking. =) The only question left is: if I can summarize 2 1/2 months in a blog post then why on earth do I have such long posts? See you soon.
1 comment:
Looks like you guys have been busy...but doing well! FUN to see photos of your boys! Thanks for posting. :)
Post a Comment