I was thrilled to be able to drop Marc off. He had to ship from Butte, MT. So the boys and I reserved a hotel room and we made an adventure out of it. Marc and I said good-bye about 3 different times. We said good-bye when he left that morning from the hotel, then at the processing station after his swear-in then again at the end of the day.
We had been told to come to the swear-in at 11:30 - so I had planned to have me and the boys there by 11. Marc called at 8:10am and said that he was going to swear-in before 9am. WHAT?! Due to some poor sleeping the night before the boys had just woken up and were ready to go get breakfast. I, too, had just woken up. So we hustled faster than we have ever hustled and got to the processing center at 8:50. This included breakfast for the boys, a shower for me and everyone being dressed and looking their best. Well, as miraculous as that was, we still missed it. So we stayed a minute and then said good-bye.
The boys and I went back to the hotel to get our stuff and check out. Then we headed to an early lunch. At the end of lunch I got a text from Marc telling me to meet him back at the hotel in 20 minutes. Turns out they had no plans for him that day and he was free to spend his time however he choose. So we went to the park, drove up to Canyon Ferry Lake and enjoyed a nice afternoon as a family. We dropped him off (again) at 6pm and headed home.
The boys loved the hotel, although they did not sleep well, they had a blast jumping on beds, running down halls, eating pizza in bed, swimming in the pool, having special breakfast. Here is a video of what Desmond did whenever we were in our room.
We are doing alright with Marc gone. Although, I do miss him terribly. Desmond has started asking "Where is Dad?" which means that he notices Dad is gone. Desmond (and Jaxter) knows Dad is in Basic Training (Army School) and he will be back at Christmas. Marc did a lot to make sure he could "be around" when he couldn't "be around". Which is proving to be just as therapeutic for me as it is for the boys.
Have a lovely week!
Eating pizza in bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment