Friday, May 11, 2012

Why I Love Being A Military Wife

Last post for the Wives of Faith blog carnival. Visit www.wivesoffaith.org. Its been fun reading all the blogs and I hope we can do it again soon!! =) Thanks to all the ladies who contributed this week, it was great to get to know you!

Even though I am a new military wife, I already like it. I like the community, the resources, the activities sponsored by Army, the post we are at, the sense that everyone here is working towards the same thing, the training holidays, the ease at which you can make friends just by saying, "My husband is in the military, too."

Above all, I love being the backstage to my husband's service. Everything he does is to either serve others or prepare to serve others and better their lives, to touch and support them through music. I get to be an active part of supporting that mission. Even with possible deployment I am anxious to be able to support him in his adventure because he will be helping people, which is what he loves to do, and I will be helping him, which is what I love to do. I love being one of the bricks that is the foundation of our military as a whole. While I would strive to support my husband in whatever he chooses to do, I feel a great sense of pride and accomplishment to have it be noble service in the U.S. Army.

The other side of that coin is that, while bittersweet, the service my husband volunteered for requires a great deal from me. The thing I love about this is that it absolutely requires me to pull up my big-girl pants and do things that I wouldn't normally do, in fact, would think that I *couldn't* do. But, as so many of my military sisters shared this week on their blogs, all it takes is a little determination, a little belief in yourself, trust in God and the magnificent website Google and viola - you've learned something new, accomplished a task, grown and learned all at the same time. I have come a long way in personal and spiritual growth since my husband shipped for BCT and it is all attributed to my husband being gone for so long. I can be a stronger brick in the foundation because I've embraced what God has had for me in my difficult times. My strength does not come from within, however, and I will continue to lean on the Everlasting Arms and open myself to what He has for me.

My soldier and me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wonderful post :)

Steph said...

Very well said =)