Saturday, August 18, 2012

200!

This is my 200th post! Wow. I had wanted to do something "special" for this post but I have really liked my new habit of posting small blogs more frequently (I think it makes the webpage slimmer, hahaha!). And so... we'll just soldier on with the new usual. =)

Marc actually had a mission today that we would have liked to have gone to (the boys always love parades and concerts), especially since this was Marc's first time conducting the band but they had a bike rodeo at the PX (think Army WalMart) and so we opted to have me take the boys to that because they have been all about bikes this summer. I had secret hopes that they would be giving away bike helmets (the bike rodeo in Wyoming always did that). Alas.... no free helmets but Desmond did win a $20 gift cert to the PX so it was a win.

  

 The boys rode through the little cone race. It wasn't too busy so they got to do it quite a few times and got pretty good at it.

 They always have a mobile home that simulates a home with fire dangers. This is the boys practicing calling 911 (there is someone on the other side of the wall having a conversation with them).


 Dinosaur face paint.

 If Desmond looks uncomfortable, its cuz he is. The last two times he has gotten his face painted he has had a reaction of sorts, so we may be staying away from that for awhile.

 This is our church's bookstore. I had to look for a book for a Bible Study I am starting in September and Desmond knew how to look for the kids section, picked a book and sat down to read it.

They both are always asking us to read books! =)

The first time Jax went through the course, he didn't quite get the concept, he was doing 100% after awhile.

Desmond doing another bike challenge.

This is days old but I had to wait till our soldier friend arrived safely before I could post his deployment picture. This is Mr. Tony and the boys saying goodbye to him as he leaves on his deployment with the 3rd ID Band.

No comments: