First things first, surgery went well and Des, other than having one very sleepy day, doesn't seem to have been scathed by his experience one bit. The huge blessing is that I knew the surgeon, anesthesiologists, nurse, aid, etc that took care of him during his ordeal which was a huge comfort, I think I would have dealt much differently had it all been strangers. All the folks that were there when I worked there remembered me and it was a great distraction during the dreaded last minutes before he was taken to have everyone coming and saying hi. =)
On a lighter note: we got to have our first date baby-less. Des was so sleepy on friday night after his surgery that we seized the opportunity and went to dinner just the two of us while Grandma and Grandpa revisited the "take care of a baby" scene, rather than just cuddle the grandkid scene. =)
We had more snow and the town's Christmas lights are up but I still can't believe that the holidays are just around the corner! Hope that you're shopping is going well! Here's some pics:
1 comment:
No fear, mama! Pacis can go away - thumbs cannot. Olaiya had a paci fairy and I think Sarah and Damion have successfully pulled the plug on Zane...love the paci. Embrace the paci. :)
Post a Comment