I can remember being in grade school and having to write a futuristic assignment of some sort, while I don't remember the specific nature of the assignment I do remember 2008 being the year I choose and having it seem outrageous (human kind will never make it that far). I also vaguely recall movies in which "future" was depicted in the 2000s and how different the reality is from their speculations. Regardless we are truly blessed to live, period, but to live with heat, water, etc and with God looking out for us and saving us.
I look forward to improving myself this year, with God's help. Everyday that I take care of Des I am reminded that I can not teach him to be someone I am not, and therefore I am challenged on a daily basis to be kind, to seek God and to have patience.
We had a lovely Christmas with both families, the highlight, of course was seeing cousins (no offense to any other relative). Cousin James, being a little older, took to Des well, holding him for pictures and being appropriately curious of this new little being. Cousin Jacoby was also curious but didn't take too many days before he started to show small signs of jealousy. When G. Annette was holding Des, Jacoby would come to her so she would give Des to G. Michael. Before too long Jacoby would reverse the process, going to G. Michael making G. Michael give Des to G. Annette, and so the evening went, switching babies. I don't think either grandparent minded at all. =) Jacoby had a streak of sympathy as well, reaching out to Des whenever Des cried. It was fun to see.
We are home for a couple of days relaxing a bit before Marc goes back to teaching. Honestly today is the first day that we've truly kicked back, we had things on the "to do" list that takes two people, one to hold Des (still a fussy guy) and one to do the task. =) We were glad to see everyone over the holidays. There was only one downside: I fell down the stairs, nobody saw me - pity because it probably looked hilarious - and seriously bruised my backside. Still gives me pains but I'm hoping it will get better...
No comments:
Post a Comment