This week I got my first true taste of living in the country. I've been "out of town" before, enjoyed scenery, experience the quiet solitude - but never with a foot of snow. No big deal to me until I had to leave my house for Montana - yeah, they don't plow the little gravel roads out in the country. I had to try to ram my little corrola through a foot of snow. And the little corrola only made it about half way. So here I am in the middle of our drive way (about 50 yards) and I have a choice: either go back to the house or go to the highway - either way a snow shovel and I are about to get pretty well aquainted. Des is sleeping in the car oblivious, cat sitter is lined up and my "people side" is craving some face-to-face. So the highway it is. Twenty minutes later, sweating and aching I skid the corrola through the shoveled gravel driveway, swerve onto the raod (with a ferverent prayer to not go in the ditch) and onto the highway - thankfull the little gravel road that goes to my drive had been traveled enough that I made it through fine, I did NOT want to get the shovel out again. Des never even batted an eye at the whole situation, he is his father's son! Bad weather and roads never thwarted a Graham man!
And so here I am, in Montana, thankful to be visiting and anxiously awaiting the arrival of Great Grandma! (Des' great grandma, my grandma). Who will be arriving tonight. So no pictures this week (my camera cord is back home) but I'm sure we'll be full of stories next week!
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nothing I like better than a woman who knows how to handle a shovel. Maybe next time you are here I can break you into putting on chains?
Have a lovely day!!
Post a Comment