We got great-grandma home to Iowa safe and sound. We also got to see a couple friends in Montana and then home again to WY for resumption of *normal* life. Grandpa B. bought us a new George Foreman grill - the one that has all the interchangeable plates for all sorts of fun cooking so we spent the weekend playing with that - making omelets and cookies (yes, cookies on a grill, see pic below). Seeing as we don't have TV we didn't watch the Super Bowl but instead watched Beetle Juice (I forgot how weird that movie was). We had a cranky/tired little boy on our hands all day so, even though we had invites for parties, we decided to stay home where Des could fuss in peace. We had some bad news this week as we found out that one of the two good restaurants in the area burned down. We just ate there last Sunday and now it is *gone* and I do mean gone. Very sad. They don't know the cause. We don't know what the owners will do but we are hopeful they will cook again - we really liked the place.
Despite the crankiness, we are seeing more and more of a little boy coming out in Des. He is really close to sitting up and really far from rolling over - he hates being on his tummy, I can't get him to stay there for more than 5 minutes without him turning beet red in protest - and by that point he's not getting any benefit from tummy time because he is just screaming his guts out and not "practicing." Oh well, I'm sure the kids in preschool will pressure him into turning over at one point or another. =)
And now a reality check, I've been in MT for the majority of two weeks "partying" and now I have to face my house, the laundry and the cleaning... part of the joy of choosing to go domestic. =)
1 comment:
A picture of mom and babe! Yaaaay! It's my favorite.
Post a Comment