We are having a grand week with Tressa here! Des can't figure out why this cute girl keeps following him but he likes her! Just like the old days we are chatting and hangin' the only difference is that Des narrates for us. =) We have taken a drive to show Tressa the scenery, we've eaten many baked goods, we've gone to a museum, lugged Des around and as I speak, we are drinking coffee and watching Elf - true to Tressa and Jill form. We also took Des to playgroup again this week and the activity was swimming so Des got his first visit to a large body of water. =) It was kind of funny - he loves his baths so I thought the pool would elicit a similar response- but he just kinda stared around not sure what to do with himself.
I am sad to say that Tressa is only here till Saturday but we've loved having her here and I am very grateful to have had 'girl time.' =) Marc took his jazz band to the Northwest Jazz Festival this last week and they did well, a little nervous with "judges" listening but it was a good experience. Tressa, Des and I went to watch. Marc had Tressa shadow him at school for an afternoon so Tressa could renew her aspirations toward a band career.
I used to be afraid to take Des out to eat but I discovered his secret this last week - he will sleep in a booth! So we went out to eat 3 times last week (I was spending some time in Montana) and he did very well each time because he laid in the booth next to me and rested his eyes a little. =) We also got to have a little pizza party with Grandma because Grandpa was busy at work. We are making progress - going out in public, playgroups, visitors, this kid is ready for the big time! =) (Mom, too)
No comments:
Post a Comment