We are approaching 5 months old (this Saturday). Des continues to practice rolling over every chance he gets. He has been trying to go from back to front as well - but has a way to go yet. Today we branched out in our daily activities. We went to the local community center for a play group. Des obviously didn't "play" with any of the kids but I thought it was about time to start exposing him to playmates other than the kitties. It was a lot of stimulation for him at first but then he settled down and started narrating for the other kiddos. There was only 3 other mommies and then the rec director (who is a daddy) but it was better than our usual tummy time! I'm hopeful that it will be good for him.
Marc had his Highschool Band/Choir concert and his Middle School band concert within the last week. Next week he is taking his Jazz Band to Northwest Jazz Festival. I think there are a couple more events this month - but I can only keep track of the coming week! We've been taking it easy on the weekends just to help keep his sanity.
We have been exposing Des to choir. We joined the church choir for Easter and have been taking Des with us to rehearsals. There is only one babysitter and two babies and since Des is kind 'high-maintenance' and does fairly well in group settings I just hold or wear him and he enjoys the music and people.
We are expecting an Iowa visitor next week which I am very excited about! I'm very anxious for some girl time! Hope you are all well, keep your respective blogs up - I love reading about your lives!
Marc had his Highschool Band/Choir concert and his Middle School band concert within the last week. Next week he is taking his Jazz Band to Northwest Jazz Festival. I think there are a couple more events this month - but I can only keep track of the coming week! We've been taking it easy on the weekends just to help keep his sanity.
We have been exposing Des to choir. We joined the church choir for Easter and have been taking Des with us to rehearsals. There is only one babysitter and two babies and since Des is kind 'high-maintenance' and does fairly well in group settings I just hold or wear him and he enjoys the music and people.
We are expecting an Iowa visitor next week which I am very excited about! I'm very anxious for some girl time! Hope you are all well, keep your respective blogs up - I love reading about your lives!
1 comment:
Jill!
Way to go, mama! Outta the house and into some play time. Fresh air and fresh faces, good deal.
Big hugs to you,
Tara
Post a Comment