Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

While I think that we all would agree the origins of Halloween are a little shady - I have always liked the "fun" side of the holiday. Dressing up in silly costumes with over done makeup, etc. So I am a little anxious to share our creativity for Des. OK, not *so* creative, but cute none-the-less. =) We dressed him up as his dad. Marc and him had matching outfits (as much as an adult and baby can match) BUT Marc ruined his outfit this morning by spilling his breakfast on his pants so we had to settle for just the same color shirt. I think you will find that the resemblance is still good. Everyone that saw them thought it was quite cute. =) Then we went to the community harvest party, put on by the rec center here in town. While all the activities were a bit above Des - he liked watching the colorful clothes and he *loved* the cake walk - he kept trying to walk on the squares with numbers - he even won once! So Marc got a treat - Des, needless to say, did not participate in any sweet eating this year. He was also mesmerized by the gentleman playing the music for cake walk. Des must of stared at him for 10 minutes! Anyway, here are some pics of the boy.

Yes, it is a REAL tie!

1 comment:

ArmyforChrist said...

What a cute and creative idea!! Much better than any other "costume" I've seen! How fun!