Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Shack

Just wanted to put a plug in for a book I read recently (over weeks of a chapter here and there in my busy life). I found it very good. While the first few chapters are difficult and sad (it tells the story of a man whose daughter was kidnapped and murdered) the rest of the book was very thoughtful and inspiring. The man tells of his sorrows first and then relates his experience asking God about those sorrows in person over a weekend at "The Shack." Challenged many stereotypes about God that I did not realize I had. Don't hold me to everything the author says because there is a fair amount of speculation involved in this kind of writing but I will say that it challenged me to have a closer and more authentic relationship with my Maker and Savior. Read it!

PS The retelling of the kidnapping is in no way graphic or detailed just facts that need to be known in order for the man's conversation with God to make sense.

1 comment:

The Bergstedt's said...

Yes! I loved this book too.