Des and I decided this last week on a last minute whim that we needed a trip to Costco so we hurried and packed and headed north. (Jax didn't have an opinion.) Turned out by coincidence that the circus was in town! So Des and I got to go see tigers, ponies, elephants, bears, poodles, motorcycles and clowns. Des was pretty much in awe of the whole thing and just sat absorbing it all. He was, however, quite excited about the dogs performing. At first approach to the elephants (we were literally only feet away) he looked at me and said "all done" but the second time observing he just stared and stared. We had to leave before it was finished (Jax was hungry) but he thoroughly enjoyed what he saw and behaved so well, too. People kept staring at him and then I would hear them say "he's sooo cute" as we passed. We had to hurry home as choir was having an extra rehearsal.
I had quite a few realizations while observing the crowd. The biggest: I came to understand why events can get away with charging an arm and a leg for services and goods. Ie 60 second pony ride: 6 dollars, Photo with dogs or bear: 10 dollars, Cotton Candy 5 dollars, etc. ITS KIDS!! I so would have loved to to give Desmond photos, rides, food and toys. I, of course, resisted temptation but barely. I couldn't believe the lines of people paying through the nose for second rate novelty items and short lived animal experiences all for their children.
Jax is showing more and more of his personality and has started reaching for toys/objects. He has a great laugh just like his brother and (when he's happy) is quite the little babbler! Desmond shows more and more positive interest in Jax. Helping him with his pacifier, rocking his car seat, bringing him his blanket. He always bends down to Jax's level and says "hi." Des also thinks its hilarious when I stand Jax up and make him walk toward him.
Marc has stayed busy taking his groups to different events. Jazz Festival, Music Festival... He got to see the Horn Heads at the Jazz Festival, which he really enjoyed (as did the kids). We are also getting ready for Easter with the Church Choir.
Well, here are some photos of our day to day. I'm sure there are other events that are worth mentioning but for the life of my strained brain I can't think of them!
Des has learned to wiggle.
No comments:
Post a Comment