Saturday, May 30, 2009

Its Official!

As of today Marc and I officially live in a no-stoplight town. We have lived in some very small places but there has always been at least one stop light. Until now. We moved 7 miles down the road to a new little house. While we are sad to leave our cute little home in the country this move presents several benefits that we felt made it worthwhile to move. Of course, we had no idea how difficult it is to move with two little ones - maybe we would have stayed put if we had known! =) But the deed is done and here we are. Marc still has the same job but I will be in town and able to participate in more social activities (hopefully). The first of which was a community bike rodeo this morning with free bbq and ice cream! Already we are off to a great start! =) As Marc said when we left: that's more socializing for me than I've had in a long time!

So....I am sitting amidst piles of boxes asking to be unpacked - thanking God for all He has given us and grateful for our abilities, resources and many blessings. Desmond has adjusted fairly well, we took great effort to help him be ready for the big change. Jax is struggling a bit with sleep, but this is nothing new so I s'pose you could say he was taking the move in stride and not bothered a bit. =) Marc and I have a wake up call to how much *stuff* we own and are determined this time to seize the opportunity at hand and sort through every bit of it and give away what is not useful to us. If any of you have need for stuff let me know and I will send it to you! =)

With that said - I had better get to the task! Pictures to come a little later - after we've cleared the clutter a bit. Hope you are all well.

No comments: