Our days go by without too much variation now that we've got our routine down like pros. Sometimes we mix things up and walk somewhere new or go to the gym at the church or have a playdate but for the most part we just enjoy our time together as the days go by.
Recently our routine got an upgrade when we got a visit from Grandma Marge and Aunt Corrina. They came down just for the day to say hello and make us dinner! I appreciated the company, the audience to showcase my boys and Desmond, of course, loved the extra attention! I think the three of them spent about an hour playing peekaboo in his tent. What fun.
I am always looking for ways to make Desmond laugh. I truly believe that the more we tap into laughter the better apt we are to deal with life and the situations that are challenging to us. These tactics include everything from singing silly songs (no, not with Larry), doing unexpected clumsy acrobatics, and most recently - putting Desmond's clothes on Monte. I've only done it twice because the second time it didn't make Desmond giggle (neither time made Monte giggle). Everyday Desmond and I "do" dishes (read: Mom does dishes while Desmond plays in a sink full of bubbles). It didn't take me long to realize that we should just take his shirt off when we begin this activity! The other day Monte was hanging around and the switch seemed logical. It was hilarious the first day the next day not so much. I hope you find the pictures funny and not disturbing (I promise I am NOT one of *those* moms/cat owners).
Our most recent activity that Desmond requests by name is "crawl". I say, "Let's help Jaxter crawl." and Desmond knows that's his cue to get out our big fabric blocks and start stacking. Jax does his creeping to get to them and know them down and then Desmond says "Turn! Turn!" this is Des-speak for he wants a turn to knock them down. So Desmond knocks them down and then Jax and so on. Jax is getting better and better- soon we'll have a video of him going mobile!
I am never ceased to be amazed at how my boys are fascinated with each other and yet have no consciousness of each others' body mass - they are always banging and bumping and bonking! Heads, feet, hands, whole body! Its a full time job just to keep them out of the ER! Desmond now works up his tears and says "bonk, bonk."
Friday, September 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment