Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sleep Nazi

I am in a self made prison.** Marc refers to me as the sleep nazi. I am very protective of my children's sleep schedule for many reasons the most important of which is their mood! I never thought much of this schedule.... after all I am in rural Wyoming, not much to do so not much to miss out on! I went to Montana to get things done and it suddenly hit me: I am in a self made prison! Wake time plus eating, dressing, morning nap, lunch, afternoon nap, dinner, bath and bed equals almost no free time enough to do anything! Especially when you have travel time in the "big" city. How frustrating! But we did get some people time in none-the-less. We got a couple play dates, trip to the park and a trip to Costco in during our "window of opportunity."

I hosted a women's night out at our church the weekend before we went to Montana. Gpa Michael drove down to drop off Nana to help with the event and to stay for the weekend. We had a nice time with our company and with the Ladies Night Out. About 21 ladies came and participated and there was much laughter that night! =) We are looking forward to the next one.

Marc continues full time in the musical and the boys and I are still full time into life exploration. Our mornings consist of getting chores done and the afternoons are filled with crawling lessons for Jaxter. Desmond, I think, has more fun with these physical therapy sessions than Jax does. =) We have gotten snow this whole last week which has put a damper in our walk schedule but deer in our yard. Last night Desmond sat in his chair until 7pm watching the deer in the yard. We also go on little drives to the edges of town where the deer like to roam.

Desmond's vocabulary is growing and growing which is helpful but also complicates things when Marc and I are having a conversation. We have to spell certain words when we're around him. Like o-u-t-s-i-d-e, p-a-r-k and w-a-l-k. =) It is so fun to see what he learns on a daily basis.

Playing trucks with Nana.

Playdate 1.

Playdate 2.

Costco trip - luxury double cart.

Des and Dad having a laughing contest - very fun! I'll have to get a video of this sometime.

Cheese! =)

Marc won't be able to hold his own in a couple years! =)

**This is not a complaint merely a realization and explanation of my circumstances. =)

No comments: