Really, if you think about it the title of this blog sums up most, if not all, resolutions. The basic principle behind any attempt at "getting better" is merely to put the wise above the selfish. So, my resolution this year is to "Just do it." Just bend over and pick up the toys, just make the call, just do the errand, just send the card, just fold the laundry, just put the laundry away, just DO IT. You get the picture...
I am always convicted by the example my predecessors have left me. In my (and Marc's) childhood pictures you never see a mess as a backdrop (except at Christmas, wrapping paper and all) and yet (I am embarrassed to admit) my children's captured smiles are often flanked by unkempt spaces. So I will remember the women before me and be inspired that if they could do it with dirt floors and woodstoves (not you Mom and Marge) then I certainly can with modern conviences such as crock pots and Norwex (wink to Sharon and Tressa).
Some of the specific "its" that I will be particularly focusing on are:
- To blog/update pictures once a week.
- Getting the literal dozen books on my nightstand read. I read a lot but these books, specifically, I want to get 'downloaded' to my brain before the next 6 months. I wish I had a Matrix type brain port to literally download all my literature! =)
- Doing Yoga 3-5 times a week. I started this last semester but it seemed to fade in December when we got busy. I really, really like Yoga - you should try it if you haven't!
- Doing preschool activities with the boys 2 times a week. We do lots of activities but I would like to have a focused effort on a regular basis.
- Purging my house, again. =) It feels so good to get rid of THINGS and make room for function.
- Getting birthday cards out on time.
- Calling my friends more often to stay in touch.
- To keep current with my 3 (yes, 3) journals that I keep.
- To take a picture of my kids everyday. (Excessive? Perhaps but I feel convicted to make sure I am still documenting their lives instead of forgetting to and regretting it later.)
How are your resolutions coming? Any creativity in any of your best intentions this year?
Ok, here is our life in pictures lately:
I have a lot of Christmas photos that I'll post another day. We have a lovely Christmas with family, although our time was limited this year due to Marc's very short school break.
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment