Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas

I feel a bit overwhelmed with the task of trying to recap our lovely Christmas. Let me just start by saying that we were blown away, yet again, with the generosity and hospitality of our wonderful families! I have to apologize because I forgot to bring my battery charger for my camera on our winter excursions and so all our pictures are stolen from other cameras and I don't have them all organized or even downloaded yet, but you'll get the "picture" of our lovely holiday, regardless.

We had a little family Christmas at home the week before the 25th. We found a great steal on a train table for the boys on Craigslist and they loved it. They still frequent it during our play every day.


We headed to Montana first, over the break, to see my younger brother, Jared (in addition to Nanannette and Grandpa). The boys always have so much fun with Jared. He is a great Uncle who is always on the floor interacting with the boys and looking for ways to connect with them. Thank you, Jared. We opened presents, played all sorts of 'games' and made gingerbread houses.


Opening presents.

Christmas smiles.



The note-worthy event of our time there was the Christmas Eve service! It is a challenge to remain Christ centered during a season that has become commercialized. And, while I appreciate the tradition of giving gifts, I cherish the Christmas Eve service where the sole task is to dwell on the incredible gift that God gave us with the birth of His Son. We loved sitting as a family enjoying the musical celebration of Christmas (and Desmond was quite enamored with the candles).


Another notable event was our trip to U. Maury's firehouse. Desmond has been once (twice?) before but this was Jaxter's first time. It took awhile for them to warm up to the idea of playing in the big trucks but they were running back and forth driving to and putting out fires in no time.


We then headed to Gramps and Grandma's house to have Christmas with them. A.Corrina and U.Maury joined us for our celebration. We got some time sledding, but most of the time it was too windy to head outside. We made the most of our time inside with projects like making sugar cookies with Grandma and, of course, chasing the cats.






I am embarrassed to admit that we have not yet sent out our Christmas cards this year. I have it on my to do list so look for our smiling boys in your mail box soon. Happy New Year to all of you. We hope that your Christmas was filled with joy and the New Year holds promise.

No comments: