Don't read me wrong, I'm not upset or bitter, but my Mother's Day was less than ideal!
Marc was out of town for the whole weekend. I'll spare you all the details but: Desmond and Jaxter were sick. We went to the clinic on Saturday for Jaxter because he was doing so poorly (high fever, lethargic). We stayed overnight at Nana's house on doctor's order not to leave town. Sunday we got a phone call with a diagnosis: Rotavirus. Argh. For those of you that are familiar with this common childhood virus, you know its a pain. Long lasting and fairly harsh. That and contagious to other kids so we are on modified quarantine till we are two days without fever.... Last night both boys had a fever still so today is perhaps day 1? On a positive note: Jaxter's gift to me was making it to the potty every time, which in the scheme of things was pretty nice!
So, I declare today REST DAY! Movies, pedialyte and cuddles all around. And we'll keep praying for health to return to our shortest family members.
No comments:
Post a Comment