Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Favorite Military Wife Memory

Third entry for Wives of Faith Blog Carnival. Check them out at wivesoffaith.org

I am a very new military wife so my favorite memories center around the *end* of tough times of separation. 

Tied for favorite moments are the following:

The boys seeing their Dad after him being gone for AIT (they had seen him after BCT for Christmas Exodus). I had seen him two weeks earlier at AIT grad, but we hadn't been able to afford the boys coming to so they had to wait till we arrived in Georgia to see their Dad.


My other favorite memory is the moving van pulling up in front of our new house at our FDS (where we are currently). It was the final step in starting our new life together in our new place and I was absolutely ecstatic to see it come! As were the boys. =)


A very close second to the above mentioned memories would be our reunion after BCT, it was so bittersweet and I was just so broken after our physical separation that it was akin to having a massive splinter pulled from your body - hurts so bad, then its done and there is such relief but a little bit of an ache that takes a little while to fade. 


One more, if you'll indulge me. Seeing my husband graduate as Distinguished Honor Grad was awesome. Seeing him lead his class in the Soldier's Creed and being given all due respect, that he deserved/s made my heart burst with pride. I had always thought I was already as proud of him as I could be but he proved me wrong ... 


4 comments:

Midlife Army Wife said...

Hopping over from the carnival! Thanks for sharing your special moments and welcome to the military life! :)

Steph said...

Videos of kids reuniting with their parents never fail to make me cry! Thanks for sharing =)

Jolene said...

Visitng from Wives of Faith...I'm swelling up with pride for you after reading your entry! Thanks for sharing!

Leanne H said...

Awh this is awesome. What a sweet video :)