Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Catching up

We have been on the go! We have stayed busy and had lots of adventures! Here are a few pictures!

1 and 2. Saluting the flag for the daily five o'clock bugle call.

3. Valentine's dance at Desmond's school.

4, 5, and 6. An adventure day. With Marc gone I have to force myself to have adventure days with the boys (Marc is the get up and go guy in our relationship, I would rather just stay home!). So I declare about one day every other week as an adventure day and we go someplace and do something little boy oriented. This particular day was the children's museum in savannah with a five guys picnic. I love five guys! =)

7 and 8. Bowling at a friend's birthday party.

9. My husband loves me. He left behind several little surprises for me and writing on the underside of our daily vitamin caps was one of them. =D

10. Our dad wall. Map, clock with Afghanistan time, pictures of dad with boys, pictures of Kandahar, and months to cross of for boys to see progress.

11. Our dad tree. Every day we write our favorite from that day on a leaf and then put it on the tree. When the tree is "full" dad comes home. Again, a way for the boys to see progress. In hindsight I should have done all this before Marc left but, as Desmond says, "that's how life is sometimes".

12. The boys playing at the doctor's. I have an infected tonsil and had to get some antibiotics. Gross, huh? But I should get better soon!

Marc is doing well, staying busy! Have a lovely day! Check back soon for more.























1 comment:

Unknown said...

Marc has always been so creative in his relationships with his family. He is a keeper! Boys are really growing. Would love to give them hugs. You are doing some creative ways for you and boys to count down time. I love it. I pray for all of you every day!
Love and hugs,
G'ma B