This week has been better. Maybe because I was prepared for what to deal with? Or maybe because it really was better? ?
We have actually had a quite a busy week for us home dwellers. We made it to play group on Tuesday (albeit 40 minutes late - but we still made it!). Thursday we had our first play date here at the house with two little boys from play group who's mom was sweet enough to bring us dinner. Monte was the main attraction for all three boys until I took pity on the poor feline and hid him in the guest room (much to his relief I think). Then the two guests kept asking me where the cat was. I underestimated how fascinated little people are with little creatures of other species.
Today was our biggest day: we had a play date with a little boy from church who's mom usually watches Des during choir. We also went to school to introduce Jax to Marc's co-workers. Last, but not least, we did a store run all by ourselves with no help! I am so excited about this because I was truly convinced that I would not being going anywhere with my two boys without another adult present to help tote the cargo. I am getting quite good at my process to put both boys in the car, accomplish intended purpose and then get both boys back into the house. So, like the title says: victory! Small but oh so great! =)
Marc has been busy, as always, but has been great to be coming home a little early every night to help on the Des front. Dinner and bed time continue to be the hardest because both boys become pretty needy around that time and if one is upset they are both upset and that makes dinner and bedtime nearly impossible with two crying babies. But we are making it through, I still feel like I don't get enough time with my Des during the day but I think I just miss all the one-on-one that we used to have.
Des is becoming quite the entertainer. Just tonight a friend stopped over and he went straight to 'ham-it-up' mode. Crazy, silly child! Squeeling and laughing and just performing to the max! He might as well just walk around with a sign that says "Look at me!! I'm teriific!!" =) He is so fun.
Enough babbling: enjoy the photos. Hope you are all well, thanks to those that updated blogs recently I love staying up-to-date on everyone!
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So I'm not sure who I thought Des looked like previously, but this pic of him and Marc is hands down his *mama*! Don't you love the little moments when you look at your child and suddenly think, "Aww, you're a little peron!" Not sure if that's the type of moment you were having, but I can relate.
I'm so happy to hear of your victories! Congratulations, mama of two! You're doing it!
Huge hugs!
Love,
Tara
I'm GLAD for your successes, Jill! You'll just naturally have more and more of these "victories" as your boys grow, I think; at least that's been my experience as a Mom. (Not to say that we still don't have difficulties, but they're more evenly balanced with hugs, kisses, "I'm sorry, Mama"s...those assurances that "Hey, maybe I AM doing some things right as a parent!!"
Post a Comment