I will try to make this story short. Desmond's screening blood test for anemia came back low. He also has not gained a lot of weight and has been battling swollen lymph nodes. This paints a scary picture and his doctor and I were both very concerned. We scheduled a follow up blood test and a doctor's appointment to discuss the results. The two days that I knew about this I prayed harder than I ever have and I also learned more about unconditional love than I ever have. The follow up blood tests were fine AND God has healed his anemia. The lab results were so much better in such a short amount of time that I attribute it to nothing but divine intervention and for that I say Praise the Lord!
That health scare has not changed our daily life but it has changed my attitude. I am more patient with Desmond (even though I still loose patience sometimes) because I feel like his life was given back to us to treasure. Can anyone relate to this? Or am I just over emotional because of my PICU experiences? Either way I feel even more blessed to have him in our lives than ever AND I have come to realize a few things about experiencing unconditional love and what that loves means in my life. I used to think that I knew what it meant that God loves us unconditionally but that meaning has fully expanded since having kids and now even more so.
We stay busy. I am already counting down to summer because I think it will be so fun to have our whole family doing things together. AND because I am excited to be able to give Des some outdoor time! I feel cabin fever sometimes with this cold weather, I can't imagine being a little boy and being stuck inside the majority of the time.
Des is increasing his vocabulary. He can do the sounds for elephant, pig, horse (and zebra), cat, cars/trucks, anything that says "roar." He is also having a grand time with his new found talent for climbing and sitting. He backs up to everything and tries to sit. Boxes, dad, the floor, even the cat!!! (don't worry I intervened, but he kept trying to do it!). Very cute. He finally started calling me mama although only to command not in conversation or anything. He is also becoming adept in spoon feeding himself. Des loves to play peek-a-boo with Tana. He finds her hiding and leans over to make eye contact, she whines, he squeals with joy and runs away then starts the process over again. Tana never dissapoints as she just stay in her hiding spot and whines everytime Des comes around. I can't help but laugh although I'm sure Tana fails to find the humor in anything that Des does. =)
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment