We have so appreciated this warmer weather. Here is a video of Desmond stretching his legs and learning about pedals, although on the way home he told me that his pedals needed to sleep. (I think that was Des speak for he was tiring out.) He rode all the way to the post office and back which is a good distance in a toddler's world! I was very proud of him.
I was able to attend the Women of Faith conference this last weekend. A good time. It is very commercialized which kind of bothers me but the speakers always have good things to say and the music is always amazing. This year I was put in charge of the fellowship aspect of the weekend. All weekend we sit in chairs and face forward and don't really interact with those that we are sitting with. So this year I came up with a few activities to get us interacting and connecting with one another. One of them was to cater a dinner from Johnny Carino's to the hotel instead of everyone going out to a restaurant. It turned out wonderful. The food was great and fairly affordable and we played a get to know you game which went over well. All in all it was a wonderful weekend! Marc had taken Friday off (well, half of it and a babysitter came for the other half) to allow me to go to the entire conference. I am blessed.
We had a good friend come visit us this weekend as well, Joel. He came to help us evaluate and fine tune the sound system at church as well as play some rockin' djembe with me during worship. I don't think that I've seen Marc laugh that much since last summer hangin' with Bob and Nathan. It was fun to have a friend here.
Our Sundays are very busy with Easter coming up. Marc is directing the church choir. We are also participating in a Sunday evening Love and Respect Bible Study (excellent material, by the way). So we spend most of our time on Sundays at church. To save on stress we've starting just taking snacks and sometimes supper to church instead of trying to eat in time at home. Here's the boys having snack while Mom sings in Dad's choir at church. They are learning a little better each time to sit still and be quiet.
We are supposed to go on an Easter Egg Hunt this morning but it is a little gray and chilly. We'll see how it goes. I have some more video to share with you but will have to upload it later this week. Hope you are all well and enjoying your respective spring climates! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment